On the other side, summer is picking up big time, and Bangalore is really hot! With the school being closed summer holidays, really having a tough time managing my son at home. Again, this is the time of the year when its difficult to manage work and home.
Off to some cool drinks now :)
I made this watermelon mojito over the weekend.
500 ml chilled Sprite or 7 Up,
Sugar, to taste
Few sprigs of mint,
Few ice cubes
- Cut the watermelon into big chunks and juice it in a juicer or food processor. Strain it through a strainer and keep it aside in the refrigerator to chill.
- At the time of serving, using a motar and pessel, crush the mint. Squeeze out the juice of one lemon and set aside.
- Add the lemon juice and freshly crushed mint and stir well. Check the sweetness. Add sugar only if required because the Sprite or the 7Up will also be sweet. Use your judgement here.
- Half fill this mixture in a serving glass using a tea strainer, carefully.
- Next add the chilled Sprite or 7Up slowly over this mixture, ensuring it doesn't fizz out of the glass.
- Add a few ice cubes and top it with a sprig of mint.
- Serve absolutely chilled.